Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Well, I've got this Arts Council Funding; it's for an idea I've got to write a performance poetry piece that's somehow linked to Punch and Judy. That's the trouble, it is just an idea. I am to start writing on the first of September but I thought I'd set up this blog today because the money has gone in to my bank account and the project sort of seems real now. I said that one of my ways of evaluating this project would be to set up a Blog so here it is. See, I'm keen; I'm as good as my word!

I intend to research Punch and Judy for the next month or so. I intend to read, look at, talk about anything Punch and Judy related. I intend to get Punch drunk, go into puppet overload. That's the way to do it. I'm sure it is.

Incidentally did you know that a Punch and Judy person is called a professor and the booth is called a 'fit-up'. I have to put my hand up (puppet joke, lol), neither did I.

At some point soon I'm also going to re-read what I said I'd do with the funding money! I think that would be helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home