Monday, April 02, 2007

I have now got my Punch and Judy booth (aka a modified toilet tent)! It looks fine and with some minor alterations it is now much more stable. I need to paint a logo on the booth:- 'The Professor Vyle Show' and get some stripey material and some hardboard to make the false front which is to make it look like a P & J booth for the beginning of the show.

Getting the booth has made me feel a bit more positive again. I had begun to feel like nothing was moving forward with the show because I had been taken off in another direction by the new project that I am involved with. I had a go at working the puppets inside the booth. It is really hard to do. I'm going to have to rehearse for hours using a mirror so that the puppets movements become second nature.

I must also get in touch with the fancy dress shop who are making some of the costumes I need. They should have contacted me by now.

I phoned the Arts Council and was assured that there are no deadlines with regard to returning the post project evaluation but they did say that I needed to speak to someone because of the change of the course dates to which I responded with, "I emailed twice and nobody got back to me"! They suggested I speak to Adrian Johnson when he gets back of annual leave after Easter.

Yesterday I painted skirting boards and learned my Judy poem. I keep running through it now which must look like I'm talking to myself as I walk along. Freak! I'm going to attempt to learn the first Professor Vyle poem now but this is going to be quite hard as it's a villanelle with lots of repeated lines and it will be difficult to remember which one goes where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home