Monday, July 30, 2007

The run through of Punch and Judy went OK. Mike Luckins, who used to be my drama tutor when I did theatre studies at A level, came along to watch and give me feedback. I really value Mike's opinions and was delighted that he agreed to help me.

He thought the poetry was excellent and that the performance was between a seven or eight out of ten, which considering I had only performed it in the lounge before was pleasing! He said the piece was, in his opinion, suitable for Edinburgh festival or Brighton festival (because of the Punch and Judy link). Mike is going to send his comments via email this week so I will update the blog as soon as I get them.

I have also started work on a cut down version of P and J which I can use in venues which aren't big enough for the full show i.e. Cardigan - Word Up. I checked with the organiser and the booth won't fit in there which is what I had feared. I believe that my performance piece will work minus the more theatrical beginning and end and can be done using only hats and wigs to indicate a change of character. This means I can then sit on a chair to perform and make use of stand microphones which they use at this venue to overcome the background noise from the bar and the drinkers that don't watch the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home