Thursday, September 06, 2007




I've booked a space for the preview of the show and I've gone and invited 50 people. Why didn't somebody stop me! Now I've put the pressure on.



Rehearsals are going OK again now but I had a cold and it really effected my breathing. A couple of times I couldn't get through the whole set and I was panicing like billio. I'm managing to run through it all again now but I got myself in a right pickle over it.



The biggest problems that I'm having at the moment are getting it so that you can't see the joins. The links between poems have to be timed perfectly with costume changes and use of props. It's a case of carefully blocking each change and then running through it again and again so that they become second nature. To give you an example of just how planned these now are this is the way I've had to script it...



Second Change


A wife who says, “lose the bad boy image or we’re through.”
A husband who claims, “she’s to blame!” So who’s telling it true?
Let’s give a big warm howdy doody
Please welcome our first guest…Judy.

The Professor looks towards the booth as though waiting for Judy to appear. He realises that he is needed to work the puppet and then disappears into the booth putting microphone in the holder on the side and dicky bow in trouser pocket. From inside the booth he delivers lines Please welcome my first guest Judy. He puts on Judy’s T-shirt, head and arms. Get out there woman. He puts on Judy’s hat.

Judy: I can’t I’m scared. The Judy puppet appears slowly to take a peek at the audience. She is wearing a Burberry cap, hoped earrings and her hair scraped back into a pony tail.
Judy: My Life; have you seen how many of them are out there. I ain’t doing it. Judy puppet disappears to floor position. Pick up slapstick.

Professor Vyle: OK, sweet, get out there and tell your story.
Pull Judy’s hair into postition
You better make it sexy, you better give us gory!

The sound of a slap is heard.

Judy: Ow! slapstick to floor postion.

Pulling T Shirt down Judy goes out to the front of the booth holding her face.



Judy: Alright, I’ll tell you about me and Punch.





Judy's Poem follows...





And that's only the second change! I've got another fourteen to block yet. How many days to the private view? What was that somebody shouted 15. Did I mention I'm working nearly all of the week after next and I've got a performance on the 15th that I've got to write some new material for.





Better get on with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home