Monday, September 18, 2006

13th September 2006

Last night I performed at Wolverhampton City Voices. I did a set of newish poems and included one that I had finished about an hour before. It is about neighbourhood watch and I may be using it for one of the character's in Poetry with Punch. It went down well.

Today was my studio session!!! Photographic shoot!!! Kate Moss, pah. I was a true professional. Well, in truth the photographer was a true professional. Dave Finchett was excellent, he made it really easy. I did some shots of me performing Strip Poetry (which is a performance piece that I do regularly) , some shots of my stand-up comedy character, some shots which would be suitable for literature festival brochures (which I have been asked for a couple of times this year) and some shots of the props I use for kid's poetry. The only bit I found difficult was when he needed to take pictures of me as me! I wonder what that says about me? Answers on a postcard please.

Anyway, Dave will let me have the pictures when he comes back off his holidays and then I can contact the website man to begin building that.

I feel that things have moved forward a little (I also got confirmation that I have a place on the Arvon Course). The only thing I need to do now is write some bloody stuff. 'Mixed Media' the poem is pooh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home